Saturday 25 February 2012

wk1

So, after quite random first post, let us begin with our journey!

In West Kranj, born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool. And all shootin' some b-ball out side of the school...
Ok, stop. Lets start again.


Hi!(?) My ID says that my name is Miran Alijagic, born in the summer of 92 in Kranj. My Student card says that I'm student of Faculty of Architecture at University of Ljubljana. All right to this point.
BA (before architecture) I spent 4 year at Kranj School Centre for Technical Sciences and got a 'degree' in 'computer electroengineering'..bah, there isn't any correct translation for that, so long story short, C#, HTML, electronic chips are not unknown to me. To a certain level of course.
What about hobbys? If I could choose one, I would say photography. Some photos are available at miranalijagic.blogspot.com. Though there isn't really a lot of photos from past few months. I kinda stopped photographing. Well not for good, but I somehow prefer analog photography and that takes some more time than digital. If you want a good photo you need some time either way of course. But I love the smell of film. I love the colors. I love the noise. I love the story that I can present it with more passion. It's just different. And no, it's not a 'hipster' thing.

My work in field of photography and video/photography/time lapse/something

((c)Miran Alijagic 2012, All rights reserved)


((c)Miran Alijagic 2012, All rights reserved)

Well, besides photography, I like computers and IT in general. So learning new programs etc. is not that hard for me. Until it comes to AutoCAD. There is still a looong way to go.

If you use social media sites and platforms, you can  find me on Twitter under @AirMiran or on Facebook or Last.fm or...Yea. Social media. I can haz them.


Now let us get to the more important part.

Programs to install... or that I already have installed. From BA era I have Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom 2 that I used, or better I am using for photography. And no, I don't think they are out dated that much. They give me what I need.

The programs I needed for firsts semester are also already installed. You can find AutoCAD, ArchiCAD and Google Sketchup (Only for playing, professor, only for playing). 

In next few days I have plan to start installing new programs, that I will need for school. Adobe Illustrator is first to come, though it looks like we will need them at the end of the semester. 

I have no idea yet, which program to choose for 3D. Rhino or 3D Max. Rhino.Or Max. Awesome animal or Max. I'm leaning more towards 3D Max, because probably it's more recognized in the world. Or is it? Anyway, here's one side-by-side comparison of both programs.
Whichever suits you better. 


'Some kind of inspiring video...'
That one will be easy. Quite easy.
Last summer I found video of famous Charlie Chaplin's speech from movie The Great Dictator. To make it more awesome (intermezzo, Robert Kranjec just became World Champion in Ski Flying! Woop, woop!), someone added Hans Zimmer song 'Time' from Inception. I get goosebumps everytime I see it.


Even if you are really really closed minded, this video will open your eyes.

"'In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.
Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
...
To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".  The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish.
...
Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty."

Let us all unite!

Here's one a bit more 'colorful' version.

To get back on track...

Designing process. Cornerstone of architecture, if I may. How to start? What to do? Should I do that? Why put it there? How about we put that on the other side? Did I drink any water today? When does dehydration kick in? 


I wish I'd  found this video a bit earlier. It could really help me with AO 1 (Arhitectural design 1), because for me, who went to technical high school, design were all more or less realistical. They could be done. But as I saw in my co-students designs, they were more or less, how to say it, literally 'playing' with it. And large part  of it were unrealistic (Professors were searching for that, by the way). That's the mental block. That box. The box that I got in my high school. Good thing I had photography so I wasn't cemented in that big box.

When it comes to the school; I would like that school would allowed us to make mistakes. We need to make mistakes so that we can learn from them. We need to make mistakes in our school projects, so when it comes to real work in real world, we would know what won't work and what will. What will get us paid and what fired. 
I would write more, but I have a feeling that some of my co-students will do it wide and long and deep. And if you will get through their blog post, you will do enough reading for the day.
  
Through this project, this semester, I'll try to write in english, so I can work on it and try to improve it. If I wouldn't, my knowledge of English language would probably slowly disappear in thin air.


 "To cease to think creatively is but little different from ceasing to live." 
 Benjamin Fraklin

#thinkoutsidethebox

No comments:

Post a Comment