Tuesday 13 March 2012

wk3

Another week, another assignment. This time we had to graphically present what will have influence on our project. Because I'm working on Arena I needed to find what would have a big  influence, besides vegetation, wind, rain, etc. I chose this three

First off, because my Arena will be located on a river island and Sava river can flood sometimes, I did a graphical  presentation of usual and maximum rise of water level and where it can flood.


To continue...
Next on my list was presentation of traffic and average occupancy of parking spaces nearby Arena.
Dark red presents one of the main roads in Kranj and pale red presents road towards populated area at the outskirts of Kranj. Both of them carry a big part of the city traffic.
Dark blue and light blue present average occupancy of parking spaces.


Last but not least
Because arena is a big consumer of electricity, it's important that it has a stable supply of electricity. There are two small hydroelectricity plants on both sides of the island and also main power line runs nearby. 
The size of the line presents how much electricity would arena draw and from where.


Pain in the ass

I had some problems with Illustrator. There was a false hope, that it would be almost identical to Photoshop and its interface. But no. It wasn't. Pen tool wasn't cooperating with me. I draw a line. He decided that line wasn't 'cool enough' for him. So my first reaction was... nevermind my first reaction. My second reaction was to find tutorials to 'enlighten me' and I found this one:


Also there were some errors/notifications popping up and I didn't had a clue what was I doing.


I thought I would take a picture of me while struggling with Illustrator.


Bottom line
Illustrator looks like an awesome tool. And I believe it is, but I'm not satisfied with my results and I'm planing to get really familiar with the program. You can't really present your idea like you want it, if you don't master the tool, right? 

#thinkoutsidethebox

No comments:

Post a Comment