Thursday 29 March 2012

wk6

It's thursday and I'm writing my post. Two days before the first deadline. What's wrong with me...
Anyway, this week's assignment  was to do remaining floor plans, cross sections and elevations.

After I did previous assignment in matters of seconds, and result was appropriate to the seconds spent on that, I said I'll try to do better job next time. Next time is now. Oh, and I must not forget constant nagging from Anže..."How did you do that? Why? Make it better."
I noticed that Klemen  used AutoCAD Architecture to do his work, so I Google'd a litlle about ACA, watched few videos and decided to download it, install it and give it a try.
I also did those floor plans,  cross sections and elevations again, that were part of the previous assignment.


 Elevations....




 Cross sections...




Floor plan...



Due to the image compression, some lines maybe aren't that visible + it is a quite large building for that ratio.

So, how was it...


After I did all the walls and stuff, I started doing on seating arrangement.  The one on the left is kinda near to one I had in my mind. There were problems with drawing floors and diagonal walls, but I kinda solved it in my own way.

Here is an example of the seats. First off, I had in mind to put seats all around the stands, but quickly, after 250-ish seats the whole thing collapsed. Not the model of course, but the program or more precisely my computer couldn't handle it.
By the way, Arena would have capacity around 2200.



Because I couldn't do a diagonal wall, I decided to connect the remaining stands with simple line tool. 


 In the middle of everything I found 'Render' option in ACA, so decided to give it a try. It isn't really something, but it gives you a better look inside of the arena.


When it comes to tutorials, I took advice from Klemen and watched videos from a guy, that does good tutorials, but they are kinda long. Well, to ease your suffering...




That's it for me tonight, until next time.

#thinkoutsidethebox

No comments:

Post a Comment